Leather gloves as well as hats as well as well as scarfs seems to be become forgotten accessories as many may notice and think nowadays.
Have you ever thought why? Have you ever felt kind of nostalgy when watching 1950’s or 1960’s movies where women so effortlessly put on and off elegant pair of leather gloves? Guess what dear readers…?! Victoriagloves did a little research and conducted a fun and interactive questionary amongst our customers, followers and just leather and fashion fans for around few months in different geographical areas. So, we have actually found out quite a few interesting things, you might like to know!
* Surprisingly or not, but almost all men (from different countries and backgrounds) have answered that they really want to see women dress elegant, they want to see them wearing stylish dresses, scarfs, gloves, hats. Effortlessly and with a taste.
* Another group of people said they consider gloves a forgotten fashion accessory and only see them as a beautiful throwback into 50’s or 60’s era.
* A big percentage of men all across the Europe and a few states in USA (California and New York) appears to be a big fans of driving gloves. Some of them have around 100 pairs in their collections!
* Certain percentage of women in different age groups like to buy and wear leather gloves to match and recreate their retro style looks. Some of them would dress them up for a pin up style photoshoot, burlesque show, retro movies, etc.
* Small percentage of women still actually like to wear long opera leather gloves to theatres, operas, performances, tea parties and similar social events.
This was only a small glance and an overlook of our little fashion research. We will continue.
One of our (Victoriagloves) main missions is to bring back fashion accessories like gloves, scarfs, hats back to life and into everyday use like it used to be. We really want to see people put an effort in the way they look. It certainly increases overall esthetics; beauty feel and makes people feel better about themselves and more beautiful.
Thoughts or Comments?
We are welcome all of them! Your opinion matters!